Year 5 study World War II this term and learning across most subjects will be linked and/or related to the events of World War II and the huge impact that these events had. Within Geography, History, Art and Design & Technology we will focus on the following areas:
- When, where and why the second World war occurred, including key characters and the role they played.
- Air raids and the causes of evacuation.
- Life for a child during World War II.
- The Blitz – which areas were most likely to be affected and why? Locating these places on a map.
- Rationing – what was it and why was it necessary?
- Learning about the experiences of Jewish children during the war and understanding that the war created many refugees.
Supporting your child at home
If you require a paper copy of any curriculum information, please contact the school office.