Year 4 study The Rainforests this term and learning across most subjects will be linked and/or related to the rainforests. Within Geography, History, Art and Design & Technology we will focus on the following areas:
- What a rainforest is and where they are found.
- Explore the layers of vegetation in a rainforest and identify some of the animals that live there.
- Investigate the climate of the rainforest and be able to describe and compare the rainforest climate with climates in other parts of the world.
- Learn about the people and settlements of the rainforest and be able to describe the way of life of traditional tribespeople.
- Explore why the rainforest is under threat and the measures taken to protect it.
- Name reasons why rainforests are destroyed and ways in which rainforests can be protected.
Supporting your child at home
If you require a paper copy of any curriculum information, please contact the school office.