Autumn Term key questions
History - The Impact of War
- How can we find out about the people in our locality that died in the war?
- What is a war memorial?
- How did the wars impact children's lives?
- How did people protect themselves during the war?
- Could people from opposing countries be friends during the war?
Geography - Where do we live?
- What are the features of our local area?
- What can I find out about my town using Google Earth?
- What is the name we give to a view from above?
- What county do we live in?
- How many countries make up the UK? Name them.
- What continent do we live in?
- How many continents are there? Can you name them?
- How many major UK rivers can you name a locate?
- Can you match a selection of plants to their most suitable environment?
- Name the seven life processes.
- Describe the life cycle of a mammal.
- Compare and contrast animal skeletons and animal fossils.
Art - Every Picture tells a Story
- What is abstract Art?
- What name is given to a large painting on a wall or a ceiling?
- What kind of artist is Banksy?
- What is a pictogram?
- What do we use our sketchbooks for in Art lessons?
DT – Shelters
- What is a shelter?
- What makes a shelter durable?
- Name three qualities that every shelter should have?
- Which shelters best protect from various weathers – e.g. sunshine, rain, wind etc?
- What does kindness mean to us? What does it mean for our school?
- Can you think of anyone that is famous for being kind?
- What are they famous for doing?
- What makes a good friend?
- What qualities do we look for in a friend?
- What advice can we give to people having friendship problems?
- What is a typical school day like?
- Can I greet another child and ask them questions in French?
- Ask and answer questions about brothers and sisters.
- What is a minim and how many beats is it worth?
- What is a crotchet and how many beats is it worth?
- What is a semibreve and how many beats is it worth?
- What is a quaver and how many beats is it worth?
- What word describes the speed of music?
- What is a melody?
- Name 2 instruments in the woodwind, brass, strings and percussion family.
- Who founded Sikhism?
- What are the main beliefs of Sikhism? Compare these to other religions.
- Understand and compare two special Sikh festivals.