Repeat, Revisit, Remember!
28th April 2021
- What is the name of the substance that the Ancient Egyptians used to dry out a dead body?
- Why did the Ancient Egyptians used amulets or jewels during the mummification process?
- What is a unit fraction?
- What is 12/5 as a mixed number?
12th March 2021
- When did World War 1 start and when did it end?
- What is the name of the man who found Tutankhamen's tomb?
- When was Tutankhamen's tomb discovered?
- During Ancient Egyptian times what was stored in canopic jars?
2nd December 2020
- Name as many shelters that you can think of that we see in our everyday lives.
- What group of animals do these wonderful creatures that we met this week belong to: Giant Millipede, Tarantula, Bull Frog, Tortoise, Royal Python, Lesser Tenrec & Armadillo?
- How does a millipede protect itself from predators in the wild?
- Tell someone at home what your favourite Exotic Zoo animal was this week, and explain why.
- Write down the meaning of the phrase - The children were foisted upon Queenie. Think about our whole class reading of Letters From the Lighthouse this week.
- List all the square numbers up to 100.
- How would you explain what a square number is to someone who had never heard this terminology before?
- List some interesting facts that you learnt about Michael Phelps in PE this week.
- What is the square root of 64?
- What name is given to a number that has exactly 2 factors?
- List all of the prime numbers up to 20.
- What name is given to a number that has 3 or more factors?
- Is 1 a prime number? Explain your answer.
- What name is given to the religious festival of light?
- Name 5 UK cities that were bombed during World War 2.
20th October 2020
- Name three ways that commas can be used correctly. Write a sentence to demonstrate each one.
- What temperature is 22 degrees lower than 18 degrees?
- Explain how Rosa Parks changed the transport laws in USA.
- What is the name of the temple where Sikhs go to worship?
14th October 2020
- Name 3 things that children and adults can do that supports their mental health.
- The word 'symbol' is in our spelling list this week. How many symbols can you think of that can be seen around us in day-to-day life?
- What is 78,098 - 33,419?
- In French, what name is given to the following subjects: Art, Science & Maths?
6th October 2020
- When adding two numbers together, what happens when we have 10 or more tens in the tens column? Explain using the question - 3,462 + 1,361
- What did 'evacuation' mean during World War II and who was evacuated? Name some fictional evacuees that you have been reading about in Friend or Foe.
- What happens when we put a celery stick in a cup with water and food colouring?
- What is the name for 'timetable' in French?