Spring Term key questions
History - The Ancient Egyptians
- What were the four main ancient civilisations and where did they begin?
- What were the three kingdoms of Ancient Egypt?
- What jobs were important in Ancient Egypt?
- What was the importance of The River Nile in Ancient Egypt?
- What did the Ancient Egyptians give to the world?
- How were Pharaohs important to everyday life in Ancient Egypt?
Geography - South America
- Where is South America and what are its main geographical features?
- How many countries are in South America?
- What makes Brazil so unique?
- How many states are there in Brazil? How many can you name?
- What do we mean by the term 'street children'?
Science - Chemistry - Properties and changes of materials
- Can you group materials based on whether they are transparent or not?
- How can you identify the properties of materials?
- Which materials would be most effective for wrapping ice cream to stop it melting?
- How do single use plastics affect the environment?
- How can mixtures be separated using sieving, magnets, filtering or evaporation?
- What changes are reversible/irreversible?
- How do different substances affect the rate of oxidisation?
- How do chemical changes have an impact on our lives?
Art - Art and design skills
- Can you describe the textures, shapes and lines that you can see within a drawing?
- What is observational drawing?
- What techniques can we use to create an accurate drawing?
- What is a scaled up drawing?
PSHE - Citizenship
- Name some benefits of reusing everyday items?
- What does the convention of human rights apply to?
- What happens when someone breaks the law?
- How many people make up a jury?
- What does the right to freedom of expression mean?
- Can you explain what the 'waste hierarchy' is?
- Explain what a 'pressure group' is.
- How is the UK Parliament made up?
- How might people contribute to their local community?
RE - Muslims and Christians - who is inspiring?
- What does it mean to be inspiring?
- What Christian leaders are there and how have they inspired people?
- What Muslim leaders are there and how have they inspired people?
French - The Flight
- Talk about holidays in French and the activities our parents have planned.
- Express opinions about daily leisure activities.