If you are considering Alumwell Junior School for your child(ren) please check the entrance criteria below. If there are more applications than there are places available, places will be allocated using the following criteria:-
1. Children in Public Care (looked after children).
2. Pupils who have a sibling already in attendance at the school and who will be still attending the school at the proposed admission date.
3. Pupils for whom a place at the school is essential on medical or social grounds as supported in writing by a medical practitioner or a social worker.
4. For applications to junior schools only. Attendance by the child at the relevant paired infant school, when the application is made.
5. Distance between the home address and the school as measured in a straight line with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority.
Mid Year Admissions
Parents need to apply to the school. If no places are available, names will be put on a waiting list. There is a new list at the beginning of each term. It is your responsibility to telephone the school each term and ask for your child’s name to be kept on the waiting list.
Admissions Officer 01922 721391
The school operates a computerised pupil database containing details of emergency telephone contacts, doctors details etc. On admission to our school, parents / carers will be asked to complete a 'Pupil Contact Sheet', a 'Parental Consent Form' and a 'Walsall NHS Community Health Form'.
Please let the school office know immediately of any changes to your child's contact details. For example:-
It is vital that we are able to contact you in case of an emergency.
Please find below a link to the LA's admission arrangements.