If you are considering Alumwell Junior School for your child(ren) please check the entrance criteria below. If there are more applications than there are places available, places will be allocated using the following criteria:-
1. Children in Public Care (looked after children).
2. Pupils who have a sibling already in attendance at the school and who will be still attending the school at the proposed admission date.
3. Pupils for whom a place at the school is essential on medical or social grounds as supported in writing by a medical practitioner or a social worker.
4. For applications to junior schools only. Attendance by the child at the relevant paired infant school, when the application is made.
5. Distance between the home address and the school as measured in a straight line with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority.
Mid Year Admissions
Parents will be required to submit a midyear admission application online to the Local Authority. The online application can be accessed from the Walsall Council website at www.walsall.gov.uk. Parents can list up to 5 Walsall schools on their application and rank them in order of preference.
Where it is possible to offer a child more than one of their parents preferred schools, they will be offered their parent’s highest ranked preference.
The Local Authority will write to notify parents of the outcome of their application within 5 working days of the date of receipt during term time, letters will be sent by second class post. Schools will be notified by email on a daily basis of any offers which have been made.
When it has not been possible to offer a child their parent’s highest ranked preference, the offer letter will explain why the application for the higher ranked school(s) was unsuccessful and will inform parents of their right of appeal against the decision.
Waiting lists are held by the Local Authority - Alumwell Junior School does not hold it’s own waiting list.
The school operates a computerised pupil database containing details of emergency telephone contacts, doctors details etc. On admission to our school, parents / carers will be asked to complete a 'Pupil Contact Sheet', a 'Parental Consent Form' and a 'Walsall NHS Community Health Form'.
Please let the school office know immediately of any changes to your child's contact details. For example:-
It is vital that we are able to contact you in case of an emergency.