Key Worker Guidance
Friday 20th March
Dear Parents / Carers
The Government have now clarified who is classed as a key workers. Please see the link at the bottom of this letter).
“Parents whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response include those who work in health and social care and in other key sectors outlined below. Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home. And every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed below, and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision” (DFE Guidance 19th March 2020)
If one parent is a key worker then children can come into school next week. We will be operating a booking system so it is possible for you to opt in and out of days throughout the week. Remember Government guidelines do stress that ‘If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be’ so we hope that by you booking only when needed we will have the capacity to support more key workers in our community.
Please contact the school office by 12:30pm today to book in for next week. If you are unsure about the days because of shift patterns, call anyway and we will sort something out together.